Re: openvz

Hello all,

<quote restored>
See <https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/02/msg00115.html> as
well as the thread preceeding it.
</quote>

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:08:16AM -0500, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
> While it's good to hear that OpenVZ will probably be in Squeeze after
> all, you could also check out a similar project Linux Containers (lxc)
> with support in kernels > 2.6.29.
>
> http://delicious.com/andmalc/lxc

Well, actually that's what the thread pointed to above was originally
about, and a conclusion was that while it's really fancy to have lxc
in kernel proper, it is no viable alternative for many business use
cases as of now. Hopefully that will change soon. :-)

Anyway, that being said, of the resources you have bookmarked I can
heartily recommend Nigel McNie's notes as well as his lxc-debian script
git repository; just in case anyone wants to experiment a bit ...

Cheers,
Flo