Re: Configurint order of fallback fonts

On 14 February 2010 15:12, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:21:25 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> How does one configure the order of fallback fonts? For instance, I have
>> fonts A and B which both contain Greek glyphs. When writing in Open
>> Office in font C which does not have the glyphs, the OS shows the glyphs
>> from font A. I would prefer it to show the glyphs from font B without my
>> explicitly having to tell it to use font B in each place that Greek is
>> shown.
>
> You're lucky. It seems a well documented feature :-)
>
> How does Font Fallback work
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Font-FAQ#How_does_Font_Fallback_work

Thanks, Camaleón. I really thought that the font fallback was handled
by the OS, not by OOo itself. Therefore, while this solves my current
issue, it still leaves the general case unsolved. Is this always
handled at the application level, or is there OS font substitution as
well?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.