Re: Air compressors vs. canned air

Chris Jones wrote:
Just paid c. $10.00 for a DYNEX Compressed Gas Duster, IOW a 10 oz. can
of compressed air from my local Best Buy.
Not so much the money per se, but each time I buy one of those, I get
this nagging feeling that I've had been had.

Has anyone with real world experience in the area of computer cleaning
tried such solutions as the MetroVac duster line and might be able to
comment on the respective merits of air compressors vs. air cans..?

CJ

Yes air compressors work well. Just remember that compressed air does create static, so just don't go too crazy. I usually regulate mine down to 30-60psi. According to an electronic repair manual that I have, anything over 9psi is considered bad although I have never had any problems.

Sam