Re: dvd burner can't read cds

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:01:08 -0500 (EST), Leonardo Canducci wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Leonardo Canducci wrote:
>>> It's more complex than that: I tested the unit on a different win xp
>>> pc this morning and everything worked fine (analog included).
>>
>> Uhh ... OK, now I'm confused.  You just said that the drive does not
>> have any analog audio output.  So it can't work in analog mode in
>> *any* PC, right?  But you just said you got it to work in analog
>> mode in another PC!  How is that possible?  Are we talking about
>> two different DVD drives?  Are you sure that win xp was using
>> analog mode?
>
> I was referring to my desktop SATA burner before to explain how dvd
> modern drives behave. Here I'm talking about the IDE drive
> troubleshooting.

OK, so we're talking about two different DVD drives.  The one you'd
like to return if you could is an IDE DVD drive.  And you can't get
analog audio to work at all with it, right?  Under any OS?  Installed
anywhere?  And you can get digital audio to work, but only under
what conditions?  Sorry.  I'm sure it's all clear to you, but I
got confused.

> cdcd and cdplay use analog audio

Right.  We both agree there.