Re: local install with apt-get still producing caches in /var/lib/dpkg/{info,alternatives,info, ...}

> Googling "debian live cd persist" shows:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/Custom_Install
>
>> Purpose
>>
>> Do a custom install of Debian Live on a removable flash drive or hard
>> disc with a persistent home directory or entire root filesystem, and
>> create a partition for sharing documents or files with other
>> operating systems.
~
 OK, let's not even get into the assumptions this generally useful
Howto and you are making
~
 on a pen drive you can not actually keep as much data as some local
debian repo would need (a micro drive would nicely do) and or you
would like
~
 My whole point is that you can not assume a certain dir structure
once you plug the micro drive
~
 It is kind of funy to see how one naturally thinks there should be
something wrong with someone who doesn't do things the way "I"
understand
~
 lbrtchx