Re: knetworkmanager on debian testing broken

Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
> Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
>> After yesterday'ss upgrade to version 0.7.999-2, I cannot connect to any
>> network, wireless or not.
>>
>> Related bug: 567354 -
>>

> And by the way, I have a question: I have seen on a kubuntu machine, a
> nice network manager GUI. Can I install this on my debian machine? Does
> it support openvpn, vpnc, mobile, etc? And most importantly, what is the
> package's name?
>
> Thanks!
> G.

 Hi, not sure about Kubuntu but it may be NetworkManager's plasmoïd,
it's in Debian experimental currently under the name
"plasma-widget-networkmanagement". So it's nm under the hood with vpn
support (but nm brokenness too) , and the package is currently in
experimental for a reason: buggy (tried it a few weeks ago).
Another gui is "wicd", it's nice and works well, but I am not aware of a
plugging for vpn that goes with it. You can use another gui application
maybe, like "kvpnc" (never tried that one, name's suggest it should be
up to the job...).
Can't comment on connection through "mobile".