Re: which debian i should install?

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 10:49:35AM -0800, rosy cutie wrote:
> i want to install debian on my computer.by searching its website i reaches at the page
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.4/i386/iso-cd/
> but i am not able to decide which debian?
> i dont understand the computer jargon.i cannot install it via internet or through any network.
> i think i can install it by a cd and   debian-504-i386-CD-.iso will work for me but why there are cd-1 to cd-31.
> i also want to know what to do with MD5SUMS.
> is it also nessacery to download it.
> may be it is not nessacery but i want to know how to use it.
> please help me.

Are you set on using Debian?  Ubuntu is similar, is more focused on
beginners, and is a single CD download. www.ubuntu.com

I like Debian better, but Ubuntu does have its advantages.  Particularly
for people new to Linux.

If you definitely want to stick w/ Debian, you don't need to download
all 31 CDs, but I can't tell you which ones you need.  I always do a net
install.

-Rob