Re: octave-forge in debian

On 5 February 2010 12:31, lc <redbliss@alice.it> wrote:
> I want to install the package octave-specfun in debian unstable,

This isn't a question particular to Octave, but it's about Debian
packaging. Please direct questions to Debian mailing lists or support
channels.

At any rate, I'm CC debian-user@lists.debian.org, and please let's
move the discussion over there. When you reply to this email, please
remove help-octave@octave.org from the CC.

> but it says
> octave-specfun:
> Depends: libhdf5-serial-1.8.3 but it is not going to be installed or
>        libhdf5-1.8.3
>
> because the newly upgraded octave3.2.4-1 depends and installed
> libhdf5-1.8.4

I don't see how this could be happening. The current octave in sid
also depends on  libhdf5-1.8.3

Where are you getting a 3.2.4-1 Octave package?