Re: Setting bootable flag on partition non-interactively.

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 02:14:55PM -0600, Tim Legg wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Any suggestions on how to set a bootable flag non-interactively?
>

> Reason:
>
> I am creating a kiosk that restores itself from a saved image every time
> the machine is booted.

A while ago I created a kiosk workstation that booted from PXE, downloaded its
root file system if newer (which was just squashfs, thus non-writable), and
then did a unionfs mount (I think these days you'd use aufs) to run.

It was a really elegant solution that worked well.  Unfortunately, I don't have
those kiosks in operation anymore and their code is lost to the winds, but I
can try to give tips if you want to try to build one this way.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students