Re: radeonhd: no acceleration DRI / AGP???

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 16:00, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> Dne, 30. 01. 2010 16:32:02 je Joost Kraaijeveld napisal(a):
>> Hi,
>> Does the radeonhs driver support acceleration?
> That's a question I'm very much interested in too. I've always been under
> the impression that the radeon and radeonhd drivers only support basic 2D
> acceleration, and only for some cards. IIRC, 3D acceleration is still a
> trade secret for AMD.

AMD has published all 2d and 3d info for r100 through r700 (r800/5xxx is
in the pipeline):

Here are the status pages for the two drivers:

DRI2/KMS is theoretically usable with 2.6.32, Mesa 7.7, XServer 1.7 and
the latest Radeon (not HD) drivers (possibly with some patches), but
anything older is a no go.

Kelly Clowers