Re: Sid Sound Problem

Ogya Chief wrote:
Hi All,

I am running sid on my laptop. I cannot get any sound output at all. When the computer is booting up, the following error message shows:
   Starting Open Sound System: Failed  (No Modules detected).

What kernel module needs to be installed to fix this problem.

It depends on your laptop.  We can't figure that out for you.  You
could do an lspci -v and find out though.  You might also do a
dmesg |less and search for audio and it might just tell you why id isn't
working.

Wayne

--
Give an man to fish, feed him for a day