Re: Does lenny use grub2?

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:31:13 -0500 (EST), Matteo Riva wrote:
> I have a squeeze system installed and I wanted to install a debian
> lenny in another partition and I was wondering if there could be
> issues with the bootloader. Does lenny use grub2 now?
> If not, will there be conflicts with the two versions?

Grub2 should be able to boot both Squeeze (2.6.32) and Lenny (2.6.26) kernels.
But putting them in separate partitions is another matter.  I've never tried
booting two completely separate Linux systems in different partitions from
the same boot loader before.  It seems like it should be possible, but
I've never tried it.  I will be watching this thread with interest.