Re: Re: popping laptop speakers

I also experience this with Debian Squeeze on intel hda audio hardware. It's never really bothered me and I'm not concerned that it will do any damage. I can tell you what I would try if I was concerned:

I'd begin by disabling ALSA from starting at boot. Once I get to a console I'd initialize ALSA using /etc/init.d/alsa start or some varient thereof. Assuming this experient localized the problem to alsa's initialization, I'd then experiment with muting all channels and stopping, then starting alsa.

These two or three steps wouldn't solve the problem, but they'd at least give me a direction to start looking in.

Thanks Aurthur.  Let's see what I can do.

Try this:

options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv5 enable_msi=1

At the end of your /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, then reboot.

Let me know if it works.

It did not work Olaf. By the way, you meant alsa-base.conf, right? Thanks anyway.

Nima