Re: Grub on XFS root filesystem

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Tony Nelson wrote:

On 10-01-28 22:40:09, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

Hello,

On one of my machines that I'm trying to upgrade to Lenny has a XFS
root-boot file system.

The upgrade docs state that I need to switch from lilo to grub for a
Lenny upgrade.

From what I read on this list, you can use lilo.  Never done it myself.

But I cannot get grub to install on this XFS boot file
system, it just hangs up.

Anyone know how to get this done?

Well, there should be a xfs_stage1_5 file that grub-install will use.
`info grub` says XFS is supported.

Well it might be but it hangs up on install. And the file is there in the /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/ directory.