Re: wicd fails to start after upgrade

Sebastian wrote:
Hi all!

After the last upgrade wicd fails to start. It also stopped writing it's logs and when I call it directly by just entering 'wicd' I get following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/wicd/daemon/wicd-daemon.py", line 61, in <module>
    from wicd.logfile import ManagedStdio
ImportError: No module named logfile

I tried purging and re-installing it but to no avail...
Should I file this as a bug or is it just me not seeing something obvious?

Can't really say as you forgot to tell us what you are running on and which version of wicd isn't working.

I am running wicd 1.6.2.2-4 on testing AMD64 and it is working fine.

I did notice that an update, of testing, today did have a problem with loading python-wicd because it conflicts with wicd.

Wayne