Re: eth0 or eth1

T o n g wrote:
Hi,

One of My Debian has eth1 as the Ethernet card, while all others use eth0. There are only one Ethernet card in each system. Why the different?

How can I have consistent 'eth0' throughout all systems?

Thanks

Is there more than one NIC in your system? If not, delete the rules associated with your network card in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot.

I'm guessing udev has for whatever reason identified more than one network card installed in your system. It can be caused by changing network cards, the kernel identifying your card differently at some point (maybe kernel upgrades or bug, changed MAC address..)