Re: Grepping fonts for a specific glyph

On 28 January 2010 12:42, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:32:56 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> I need to know which of my installed fonts have glyphs for a specific
>> Unicode character (U+05D0). How can I do that?
>
> The "aleph"? א

Yes, I'd like to see which fonts have Hebrew glyphs.

> I've tried with TrueType fonts (Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Times New
> Roma...) and also with Liberation and Lucida Sans. It seems to be present
> in all of them.

I have some (=tens of) unusual fonts which may or may not have that
glyph, I'd like to know.

> On GNOME you can get accurate info about availabe fonts that can
> represent that character with "Char Map" (gucharmap) application.

Yes, but I cannot search for fonts by glyph with that application.

How about this, is there a script that will let me enter a character,
and it will show me that character in all the fonts which have a glyph
for it?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com