eeepc booting troubles

Hello everyone,

I've got myself into quite a bit of trouble.

Problem: My system no longer can boot windows and if I try booting
debian it gives errors regarding the root file system.

Here is what I did:

I booted windows for the first time with no problems, so then booted a
livecd off my usb drive and did resizing with gparted.

I resized the sda1 partition, the one in which windows resides on. I
think it may have said resize and move, this may be where the problem
lies. I'm totally blind so going off what a sighted person tells
me. Apparently it said something like resize and move.

This appeared to go fine, until I rebooted (changes were reflected in
gparted).
I got the error:
"No operating system"

I decided to install linux hoping grub would correct the problem. The
machine is running windows 7 and I told the installer to use largest
continuous free space. Then when I wrote the changes to the mbr, it said
windows vista was found. I assumed this must just be because grub hadn't
been updated for win 7 so I said yes.

Now when I boot I can choose from a grub menu:
Debian linux or debian recovery
And windows vista

I try the two debian ones and get errors regarding the root file system
and it doesn't boot more than a recovery console.

I tried the windows one, this starts a recovery program however, after
trying to recover a few times nothing changes.

So if someone could help me out I would be extremely grateful. Will it
be possible for me to get a bootable windows again or should I just
install linux to the whole disk. I kind of need windows every now and
then, so hoping I can get it booting again. Or will I have to purchase
some sort of windows cd.

Finally is there any sort of full system recovery I could do that would
help me?

I'm using the asus eeepc 1008ha.

Sorry about the very long post, I thought it was important I describe
exactly what I did.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Daniel