Re: Scaling governor via sysctl?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 08:42:13PM -0800, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I get nothing. Why can I write to a value in sysfs that can't be
> accessed with sysctl? And more importantly, how am I supposed to do this
> at boot without sysctl.conf?

Two quick answers, but a remaining question. The default governor
can be set in /etc/default/cpufrequtils, and can be changed with:

    sudo cpufreq-set -g ondemand

which probably just does the same thing as echoing to the right key in
sysfs.

However, I still don't understand why I can't set it with sysctl. What's
up with that?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"