Re: Installation of packages from backports, unstable and stable.

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:42:42AM +0530, vishnu vardhan wrote:
> OS : Lenny 5.0.3
>
> I have installed openoffice from backports
Good move.

> and transmission-gtk from > unstable.

??? I think this is questionable move which is risky for package with
library dependence.

> Do I need to create a prefernce file ?...

These are tricks to fool APT.  These do not solve the package version
dependency issue.  If it happen to be running, you are just lucky.

If you can locally backport package, you should try it to be safe.  If
not, it is best not to do this kind of mixed system to avoid problem.

Osamu