New Router

Made the switch from an old and slow ADSL modem running pptp to a router quite
painlessly. Had to have ddclient use a web interface to get the IP number
since this is now hidden inside the router. Works fine.

I had the network disconnect. Using pptp, I had a cron job to reconnect if
need be which ran periodically. How do I do this with the router short of
manually running netcardconfig?

(The router has not setup interface I have found. It should try to stay
connected but it might well have. netcardconfig reconnected the computer to
the router!)