Re: Memory

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:37:41PM -0800, Freeman wrote:

> Writes to a swap file on your drive. Or a swap file on your ram drive
> in memory if you have one. :)

There are probably some edge cases where a swap file on a RAM drive is
valid, but I can't think of any that don't involve misbehaving apps that
want to manage their own swapping rather than letting the kernel do it.

The whole point of swap is to trade disk I/O for RAM, so swapping to RAM
disk seems rather self-defeating. What's your use case for this?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"