Re: expanding a luks volume

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 09:56:11PM -0500, Tim Tebbit wrote:
> Alex Samad wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > subject says it all I have a lv, which i have used luks to encrypt and
> > now I would like to extend it.
> >
> > I am guessing the process is going to involve coping the files over to
> > another partition and then back again ?
> >
> > Alex
>
> No not at all. Treat it as any other volume and simply extend it.

I think you might have miss uderstood me, I don't see any instructions
on how to resize the luks partition

I have

/dev/mapper/vgraid6-luks0
I then do a cryptosetup luksopne on  the above and mount it as a ext3
fs.

so you are saying I can lvresize my luks0 lv and then how do I tell
cryptosetup that the partitions is bigger ?

--
"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Need some wood?"

	- George W. Bush
10/08/2004
St. Louis, MO
Second presidential debate