Re: ddrescue-like tool at filesystem level

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:14:08 +0100, ludovico van wrote:

>>> so, is there a tool like ddrescue, which ignores errors (and maybe
>>> retries to read the bad blocks), but working at the filesystem level,
>>> so i can copy only selected files?
>>
>> I think the problem is next step -- if such program does exist, and you
>> salvaged several hundred/thousand files, but about half are broken.
>> What would you do next?
>
> well, i start enjoying the good half of my files... ;-)

Ok, then check out dar_cp from the dar package.

       dar_cp is similar to the standard 'cp' command, except it
       does not stop copying when an I/O error is met. Instead,
       it skips a bit further and continues to copy the rest of
       the file, as much as possible.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/