Re: elinks to be REMOVED from squeeze?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 09:09:40PM EST, Freeman wrote:

[..]

> Is there really even a point to filing a bug report against something
> when the fix is upstream?

What makes you think the bug is upstream?

I recently installed the 0.13 git version of ELinks to resolve an
unrelated issue and since lenny does not feature libtre5, the
./configure step gave me a warning and I was able to compile ELinks.

The resulting ELinks version does not have the regex search capability
on the search dialog, which is not a major problem where I'm concerned
since in some 4-5 years of daily utilization of ELinks, I have never
needed it.

I don't see why a dependency that would deprive you of an obscure
optional feature such as this, which by the way is correctly handled by
the stock ELinks install, would prevent installation of the debian
package.

As to the reason why ELinks of late requires libtre5, I suspect it has
something to do with unicode support, which has beeen vastly improved in
recent versions.

I am not going to investigate this, but the output of 'git log' against
my git clone strongly suggests this.

CJ