Re: Kernel 2.6.30 blocks on udev initialisation

On 20.01.2010 12:39, Rémi Moyen wrote:
> 2010/1/20 Mart Frauenlob <mart.frauenlob@chello.at>:
>
>>> So I first installed the new kernel (2.6.30), then wanted to reboot on
>>> this kernel (so still with the old udev) in order to complete the udev
>>> installation. When rebooting, the new kernel loads, one of the very
>>> first thing it says is "udev: waiting for /dev to be fully populated",
>>> but then nothing happens. After 1 min (and every minute after), I get
>>> a message about the CPU being stuck since 60 secs, but even after 4-5
>>> minutes, nothing more happens.
>
>> I think it was the 2.6.31 kernel version where the
>> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED bug was fixed. The kernel option had the sense
>> inverted.
>
> Oh... But then why is the standard kernel in testing a 2.6.30
> (linux-image-2.6-686 current version is 2.6.30+21)? And is there an
> official 2.6.31 Debian package somewhere? I don't see one in testing
> nor in unstable.
>
> Btw, my first message wasn't very clear: I did found a bug report on
> this (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=551798), but
> apart from suggesting a hardware problem (and that the bug is supposed
> to be fixed), it does not really helps me, especially since I only
> have the problem with the 2.6.30 kernel, not 2.6.26 nor 2.6.32.

sorry, I wasn't very clear either...
I was referring to the kernel.org change-log.
I don't know about the debian specific versions, it just happend i
remembered reading the vanilla kernel change-log.
But as I try to find it now, I can't... sorry, maybe I mixed up things