Sandbox, chroot, makejail and application

Greetings, I want to install and run SPSS for linux. It needs to be installed by root, but run by a normal user. I want to install it such that it has no access to my system as a whole. I believe the method to achieve this is a chroot environment. From my readings so far I also need to look into makejail.

I am looking for any tips / advice about the general approach, good reading materials, etc. that the list may have to offer.

Many thanks,
Arthur