Re: kdm not working after upgrade from KDE 3.5 to 4.3.4

2010/1/19 Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr>:

>> I rebooted, got to the kdm welcome screen, obviously in KDE 4 style,
>> and logged in... only to see kdm pop again! No error message.

> This is a bug in kdm squeeze and sid. You have to log twice and it will work.

Yeah, I saw reports of that bug. However, I'm quite sure I tried a
number of times (in case I had mis-typed my password) and I get the
same behaviour again and again. Well, I'll try that again next time
I'm close to the computer, just to be sure.

Anyway, I didn't find on the web anything related to the missing files
in /etc/kde4/kdm (and perhaps in other places, I just happened to
notice these ones). So my guess is that something else is wrong. No?
--
Rémi Moyen