Re: umask for init?

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:45:09 +0100, Peter Jordan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> under debian lenny during the boot process all created run files are
> 0644, but I want 0640.
>
> Does anyone know how to configure that?

I'm not sure how to configure the umask for init itself, but on my Lenny install at least, all other startup scripts are run from /etc/init.d/rc, which is a shell script you can edit to change the umask.  I'm not sure if there will be any unexpected side-effects from the change you propose, but it would be fun to find out.  :-)

Good luck!

-----Scott.