Re: Debian on Acer netbook

Lisi ha scritto:
On Sunday 17 January 2010 22:29:35 you wrote:
Lisi ha scritto:
On Sunday 17 January 2010 12:00:13 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
On Friday 15 January 2010 23:04:14 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Does anybody know if Debian works fine on the netbook Acer Aspire ONE
531H 10"? And if its 6 cells battery, that sould last at least 5
hours, does not last less under Debian?
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> writes:
I have Lenny installed on mine.  Everything except wireless Just Worked
otb.

I only have the smaller battery.  I am aiming to replace it with the
larger battery, but cannot yet speak for the larger battery's
longevity.
Thanks to all who replied!

Lisi, how long does your smaller battery last?
1-2 hrs.?  Depends a bit how much I am actually using it.

How did you then solve (if
you did) the problem with wireless?
I haven't tackled it yet.  Other people's problems keep moving mine to
the bottom of the queue.  I now have a stronger reason to tackle it, so
that I can tell you the result!

Olaf, sorry for my bad English: what is your `ZG5 with a 8gb solid state
drive'?

Do you all think that everything will be ok with an external DVD drive?
Mine is great with one.  I needed that facility to help someone else. ;-)

But I installed from a USB key (see
<http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcerOne>) without any problems - except the
wireless!!

HTH
Lisi
whitch brand is the wirless adapter?

Atheros A2425 chip.  But as I say, I have not yet tackled it.

Lisi

Atheros is working under debian, but, I have a expirience whit an atheros wifi adapter and is not working whit the defaults network manager of gnome I have changed that and resolv the problem.

I have use a network manager "Wicd", you can found here

http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

and for my experience, that is work fine whit Atheros wifi adapter.

I hope whit this way you can fix the problem.