Re: Is anyone using eclipse on debian ?

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:03:20 +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

(...)

> Instead I tried to download from the official website. I selected
> eclipse-cpp-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz:
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/
downloads/release/galileo/SR1/eclipse-cpp-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-
x86_64.tar.gz

> I seems to start ok, but then again I cannot install anything. I can add
> http://download.xmlmodeling.com/hyperModel/updates/site.xml, it properly
> display a bunch of options to select. I select 'UML Tools', click
> next... and nothing happen ever...
>
> Any hints on how to know what could possible by going on wrong ?

Yes... IIRC, java package itself was having some issues with ipv6 that
impeded the applications going online. I remember this problem (and the
solution) was reported some weeks ago on this same list :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón