Re: exim4-SASL auth

On 01/17/2010 09:58 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
I am trying to follow this example:
http://wiki.edseek.com/howto:exim4_courier

and I get down to the part where you test saslauthd:
Let's test our new server configuration again with swaks, actually performing
authentication by specifying a valid username and password before closing the
connection after successful authentication.

  evie:/etc/exim4#  swaks -a -tls -q AUTH -s localhost -au jasonb

and I get these lines:
<~* 435 Unable to authenticate at present
  ~>  AUTH PLAIN AHBiYwBteSxzdXMz
<~* 435 Unable to authenticate at present
*** No authentication type succeeded

the earlier test for TLS worked:
$ swaks -a -tls -q HELO -s localhost -au jasonb -ap '<>'

what am I missing?
I uncommented the lines in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template

What does /var/log/exim4/mainlog say when you try to authenticate?

--
When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if
I had any firearms with me.  I said, "Well, what do you need?"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br