lxde/setting environment variables

Hi,

I've just installed lxde and like the concept of it. I must set an
environment variable so I can run orca under the desktop. What file
should I place an export command in to export this variable to the lxde
desktop, to save me from having to export it every time before I launch
a program eg.
saving me from having to open a term, export the variable then run the
program from the term, I can just run the program from the desktop as
the var has already been exported at startup.

So what file should I look into for exporting environment variables to
lxde?

Thanks very much
Dan