Re: How to grab music from remote cdrom?

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:16:44 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> I wonder if there is a way how I can grab a music CD from remote cdrom
> (on a remote machine) - that is I need to use its /dev/hdc as my own?
>
> Googling gave me no answers/ways to.

How about exporting the CD as another regular share (via samba or NFS)?
Then just follow the usual way to access the share in the client machine.

In the event you need more specific features, there is aldo NBD:

***
Network Block Devices: Using Hardware Over a Network
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7118

In cases where NFS or SMB/CIFS won’t fit the needs of your Linux network,
Network Block Devices (NBDs) may provide superior performance over
traditional network filesystems.
***

Greetings,

--