Re: Two computers in one: two users each with their own accounts, monitor, and keyboard?

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 12:06:30 Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> As a test of your theory, fire up your favorite ID
>  Software OpenGL Linux game on one Debian PC piping its GL calls over the
>  network to another PC's X server.

I happen to know that on my home LAN, the frame rates would be unacceptably
slow for actual game play, but I never claimed otherwise.

My claim is that the GLX extensions (an implementation of the OpenGL
specification) are reported as present and are functional over a remote X
connection.  I made no claim to speed and admitted that they would be quite a
bit slower than local, direct rendering.