Re: No flamewar please!

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 02:35:47PM +0000, James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using gnome but want to remove all traces of mono from my system, I've a
> clean install of Squeeze.
>
> Can I,
>  apt-get purge mono-2.0-gac mono-gac mono-runtime tomboy
>
> No offence, if you want to use it fine, but I'd like rid of it. Tried
> running with simulate and it seems to want to get rid of gnome too.

when you say "get rid of gnome too", do you mean the meta-package,
gnome, that is used to pull in all the dependencies required to make
gnome work, or do you mean *all* of gnome?

If it's just the meta-package, then let it go, its purpose has already
been served.

If you want more help, you should post up the output of the above
command.