Re: filezilla alternative

On 2010-01-11 at 18:24:19 -0500, Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> Are there any good FTP programs that support SFTP, FTPS, FTP, SCP plus
> doesn't store the password in plaintext like filezilla does?
>
> Thank you!

It depends on what your requirements are.  Are you specifically
looking for a client with a GUI interface?  I went looking for
the best line-mode FTP client a couple of years ago, and the best
one I could find was lftp.  It is packaged for Debian, and is very
good.  It supports advanced features like simultaneous multi-tasking
file transfers, many protocols, including FTPS, FTP, SFTP, HTTP,
HTTPS, and FISH.  I'm not sure about SCP though.  Of course, I was
specifically *not* looking for a GUI client, since I was installing
it on a serer without X support.  If you specifically require a GUI
"point and click, drop and drag" type interface, this will not meet
your requirements.  I don't know how it stores the password, either.

For SCP you might want to look at putty-tools.  But I've never used it.
gftp-gtk looks like a possibility.  It's GUI.  But I've never used it
either and I don't know its capabilities.