Re: My warning about Lenny

Martin Wuertele wrote:
> > I am beginner in Linux. I install Debian 5.0.3 "Lenny". I have several warnings:
> > - in install I can't choose Gnome or Kde
>
> "Graphical desktop environment" will install both

This is not the case in Debian 5.0. Nor was it the case with Debian 4.0.
Debian 3.1 (2005) was the last one to do that.

To install KDE, at the installer's boot menu, choose:

Advanced Options > Alternative desktop environments > KDE

Or, download the "KDE CD", which contains KDE and installs it
automatically.
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.3/i386/iso-cd/debian-503-i386-kde-CD-1.iso

Or, press Tab and add "tasksel/desktop=kde" to the kernel command line.

--
see shy jo