Re: Recommended NIC module

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

Camaleón put forth on 1/10/2010 12:07 PM:
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 02:31:20 +0100, Mathias wrote:

Which module would you guys (or gals :) recommend for this NIC, the e100
or the eepro100?

00:02.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet
Pro 100 (rev 08)

I would use the module the kernel detects and automatically loads and if
no problem arises, I'll keep that one O:-)

If the kernel is auto detecting the device and loading a driver, and the device
works properly, it makes one wonder why the OP posted his question here in the
first place...

At first it didn't, it kept on remapping the NIC to eth1, and eth0 was disabled or reserved, then after an upgrade eth1/the NIC stopped working when booting, I had to manually make it work. :-/

Mat