Re: Synaptics touchpad works even though it's not in xorg.conf

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 16:08, Nick Douma <n.douma@nekoconeko.nl> wrote:

On 9-1-2010 15:54, George wrote:
> My synaptics touchpad is working even though it's not in xorg.conf.
> The only input devices there are the keyboard and the mouse. How can I
> disable it? I tried adding it, restarting xorg and then use synclient
> to disable it but it looks like the Synaptics section in xorg.conf is
> not detected.
>
> How can I disable the touchpad? I don't need it.

Now (i assume you use xorg .4 with hal) iit depends on hal's fdi, the easy way it's to cp /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/x11-synaptics.fdi or something similar to you /etc/hal/fdi/policy directory, putting in there what you have in xorg.conf according to the examples in the fdi.

Hope this works, bye