Re: New testing install; no /boot/grub/menu.lst exists.

Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr>:
>  Dne, 08. 01. 2010 01:32:32 je s. keeling napisal(a):
> >
> > Thanks.  That's looking very tempting at the moment.  So far, I've not
> > solved it.
>
>  It would not be unwise to switch to Grub 2 (the new Grub that's slowly
>  becoming the default in many distros). It stores its configuration in
>  /boot/grub/grub.cfg (not in menu.lst anymore) and is every bit as
>  capable as grub legacy and then some (for example, it can boot some
>  live CD.ISO images -- such as Ubuntu -- from your hard drive; also,

I do like the way it (or its config stuff) looks.  It's very Debian-ish
from what I've seen.  However, it doesn't appear to grok existing *BSD
installs very well.  Maybe I'm just not getting it yet.

I'm still playing with it.  On the upside, after a reinstall, my mouse
is no longer invisible.  :-)  Yay.