Re: unable to open mailbox

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 03:35:58AM EST, Jeffrin Jose wrote:
> hello

> when i try to open my mail box Mail/mbox it gives ...Mail/mbox is not
> a mailbox but /var/mail/jeffrin works.  here are some outputs..

> {
> mbox: ISO-8859 mail text, with very long lines
> /var/mail/jeffrin: ASCII mail text, with very long lines
> }

> why am i unable to read mbox ?
>
> /all thanks

Sounds like the mbox has been corrupted:

http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttFaq/Folder

I get these messages occasionally, usually when I screw up some
tagging/copying of messages, but they're temporary and usually things
sort of right themselves. What happens is that mutt eventually opens the
last folder I had accessed and things start working again -- until it
happens again.

Unfortunately, it only happens on rare occasions, and as I said when
I'm already confused by what I'm trying to achieve, so I have not so far
been able to identify a pattern, much less recreate and send in a bug
report.

But since something must be moving your mail to Mail/mbox rather than
the default, I would take a look at your MDA's (procmail) configuration
as recommended  by the mutt FAQ.

CJ