Re: Disallow other users from reading my $HOME

Dotan Cohen wrote at 2010-01-06 15:16 -0600:
> What are good permissions to use for one's home directory so that
> other users on the system could not read or otherwise access my files?
> Is 700 too paranoid? Should it be 755 like I see so many times? Will I
> have problems with 750?

For files that already exist, I would use
 u=rwX,g=rX,o=
I do not know how that translates to the number.
Note that will leave execution bits on non-directory files that already have
them for some user.

I use umask 0027 so that new files have permissions -rw-r-----.