Re: Wacom bamboo pen and touch in squeeze.

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 01:53:05AM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> What's the story on getting this thing working?  I'm running Debian
> Squeeze on an ASUS 1000HE.  The device doesn't seem to be recognised as
> anything it knows what to do about.  It doesn't even seem to know it can
> be a mouse.
>
> -- hendrik

Did not metion the model.  I have a Bamboo Model MTE-450A
(note:  mine is usb not serial connection)
The following is what I manualy had to add to
my xorg.conf file:

under this section "ServerLayout" add the following:

Section "ServerLayout"
	InputDevice     "stylus"                "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice     "eraser"                "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice     "cursor"                "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice     "pad"                   # no core events
EndSection

then add the following sections:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "stylus"
        Driver          "wacom"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option          "Type"                  "stylus"
        Option          "USB"                   "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "eraser"
        Driver          "wacom"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option          "Type"                  "eraser"
        Option          "USB"                   "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "cursor"
        Driver          "wacom"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option          "Type"                  "cursor"
        Option          "USB"                   "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "pad"
        Driver          "wacom"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/wacom"
        Option          "Type"                  "pad"
        Option          "USB"                   "on"
EndSection

I hope this gives a starting point...

--
Alexander J.M.