Re: Re: Flash/AVI/Skype sound issue in Squeeze

Hi guys

This line in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf did the job for me:

options snd-usb-audio index=-2

I stumbled over it because I had to do the same in order to make sound
on my Mac Mini work. This doesn't render the device unusable AFAICS, so
blacklisting it isn't needed. Thanks for your hints, my sound is back. :-)

What I don't get though is this: Sometimes the sound would have come
back earlier after updates, and sometimes sound didn't work for flash if
the .adobe and .macromedia folders were present in my home folder.
Strange, no answers to that. Whatever. The current solution works.

HTH, ändu