Re: splittin monitor

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:46, roberto <roberto03@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> i am looking for a way to split my small 14" monitor in two and send
> some windows on another external monitor;
> btw, is it possible to send simply an entire desktop (it'd be my 8th)
> on the external monitor and keep the other seven on the main laptop
> monitor ?

I don't know for sure, but I think that is beyond the abilities of Kwin.

I don't think you can get the effect of "two monitors in one" (I think that
is what you are asking for) with any WM. Some tiling WMs, including
Awesome, might be set up to confine certain windows to a certain side
of the screen. Tiling WMs can definitely send a window to a specific
screen, and can have separate "desktops" / workspaces on separate
screens.  Some tiling WMs can be used with KDE instead of kwin, or
KDE/Kwin 4.4 (in development now), has some tiling capabilities.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers