Re: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

Merciadri Luca put forth on 1/1/2010 3:27 AM:
> Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> writes:
>
>> Can you give us a hardware dump?  I.e. brand, model, vid card type, if you built
>> it yourself from parts, what mobo, etc?  Is it a laptop or desktop?
> For sure. It is a desktop computer. This one was built by a
> professionnal, by part. I am using an ASUS P5K/EPU motherboard, with
> Quad Core CPU Q9450. My vid card is a GeForce 8400 GS (rev a1).
>
> It works correctly under Windows (there is actually a multiboot but I
> do not use Windows often). It has run without problems
> previously, but I did not add any new stuff to it since then.

What keyboard layout and system language are you using?  Does the KB only lock
up after a power management (i.e. sleep) event or screen saver engaging, or does
it lock up while you are typing?

--
Stan