Keyboard fails at running gksu in KDE-3.5.9

Good day.

As I run kate from KDE-menu as follows

gksu -u edit kate

I often get my keyboard does not respond and in the process list I see dcopserver running under that user w/ 'suicide' parameter. Logging from another session and getting my keyboard to work, I'm able to kill the process and in the previous session I then get the keyboard to respond - all the keys that were present since no respond - take their - therefore I understand that keyboard worked and stored the pressing in some buffer...

My question is, How I can avoid this?

I see it only w/ the kate, therefore I suppose there is some fight w/ KDE and Gnome apps. - Therefore, may there is a KDE-ish app that can do the same work that gksu does?

Or can I somehow remove the buggy dcopserver?

Thanks for Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list only.