Re: ssk-key password: necessary to update?

In <[🔎] 4b28ca09.11435e0a.7c95.ffffde95@mx.google.com>, Sthu Deus wrote:
>If I want to change ssh-key for a remote machine, for security reason - do I
> have to change its password too (that protects the key use) - or I can live
> it the same - as it remains on local machine and therefore, not
> known/transmitted to the remote one?

Since you are changing things up, I'd go ahead and change my key's passphrase
as well.

However, as you mention, that passphrase never leaves the local system, so it
couldn't have been leaked through usage.  Therefore, there's no reason I can
think to justify changing it.