Re: 'exim', version '4.69', is out of date-SOLVED

On Wed December 9 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > Is how the program works. And one who install it have to know before hand
> > what kind of warning provides.
>
> Right. The fact that the OP asked this question (twice, even) clearly
> demonstrates he did not read the FAQ. In the FAQ you have in question
> 3.2 (right after question 3.1 with some very frightening text about
> things you should do before considering to ask for help) he would have
> found the answer to his question.

after reading that FAQ, and messing with the rkhunter.conf file, I was able to
add this line:
APP_WHITELIST="exim:4.69 gpg:1.4.9 named:9.5.1 openssl:0.9.8g php:5.2.9
sshd:5.1p1"

which solved my problem.
again, I never thought to look at a FAQ, the man pages didn't do it.
thanks!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800